Fidelis Cybersecurity Reduces Attacker Dwell Times with Enhanced Detection and New Security Analytics Capabilities in Fidelis Network 8.2
Latest release enables security teams to find attacks faster, reconstruct attacker activity and prevent data theft
Bethesda, Md. – May 17, 2016 – Fidelis Cybersecurity™, the leading provider of solutions for detecting and stopping advanced cyberattacks, today announced the release of Fidelis Network™ 8.2 (formerly Fidelis XPS™). The new release cuts security analysts’ response times with new detection capabilities that find the tools and tactics employed by advanced attackers. An enhanced user experience and tighter integration with Fidelis Endpoint™ also extend the reach of security teams by enabling them to trace threats from the network out to specific endpoints so they can stop data theft before it occurs.
“Security teams are buried in alerts. Advanced threat actors use this confusion to compromise organizations and roam freely in their networks,” said Fidelis Cybersecurity’s Senior Vice President of Products, Brian Karney. “Fidelis Network helps security teams turn the tables on attackers by focusing on the alerts that matter. With the release of Fidelis Network 8.2, security teams can detect, prioritize and investigate suspected incidents faster. Improved context and analytics further help security teams understand the potential risk so they can reduce the impact of suspected security incidents.”
Historically, security teams have had to piece together multiple solutions to triage and investigate suspected threats. Fidelis Network allows security teams to consolidate their security infrastructure by bringing together advanced threat detection, data loss prevention (DLP) and security analytics capabilities within one solution.
“Fidelis Network looks deeper and broader than other network security products. It analyzes all of an organization’s network traffic at multi-gigabit speeds. Then, it decodes the content in real-time, no matter how deeply embedded it is,” said Fidelis Cybersecurity’s CTO, Kurt Bertone. “We don’t just look for malware, we see lateral movement, the staging of data for exfiltration, and other suspicious activity.”
New Capabilities in Fidelis Network 8.2
Enhancements in this release expand the detection capabilities of Fidelis Network and automate tasks security analysts perform every day. New capabilities include:
- Spot Suspicious Activity with New Detection and Hunting Tools: Enhanced analytics reduce attacker dwell time by evaluating historical network metadata to uncover anomalous and malicious behaviors.
- Find Threats Faster with Enhanced Analysis, Detection and Investigation: Richer analysis of embedded email links identify “phished” email users targeted by attackers. Fidelis Network correlates users’ IP or MAC address to network sessions using active directory login and DHCP transaction information.
- Automate Endpoint Investigation from Within Fidelis Network: Seamless navigation between Fidelis Network and Fidelis Endpoint automatically collects information about endpoints related to network alerts so analysts can pivot from detection to response within one interface.
- Prioritize the Most Significant Threats in Your Environment: New alert ratings incorporate feedback from the Fidelis user community so analysts can prioritize and triage alerts more effectively.
- Monitor Inbound and Outbound Mail Threats: New mail sensor features improve detection of inbound malware and outbound data theft to support use cases for data loss prevention (DLP) and advanced threat detection in a single solution.
- Fidelis Network overview video
- Fidelis Network product information
- Fidelis Network data sheet (PDF)
- Fidelis Rapid Detection and Response Model white paper
- The Forrester Wave™ Automated Malware Analysis, Q2 2016 report
About Fidelis Cybersecurity
Fidelis Cybersecurity is creating a world where attackers have no place left to hide. We reduce the time it takes to detect attacks and resolve security incidents. Our Fidelis Network™ and Fidelis Endpoint™ products look deep inside your traffic and content where attackers hide their exploits. Then, we pursue them out to your endpoints where your critical data lives. With Fidelis you’ll know when you’re being attacked, you can retrace attackers’ footprints and prevent data theft at every stage of the attack lifecycle. To learn more about Fidelis Cybersecurity products and incident response services, visit fidelissecurity.com and follow us on Twitter @FidelisCyber.
# # #
 The Forrester Wave™ Automated Malware Analysis, Q2 2016, Forrester Research, Inc., April 21, 2016.
Fidelis Cybersecurity combats the full spectrum of cyber-crime, data theft and espionage. A leading provider of threat detection, hunting and response solutions, Fidelis provides full visibility across hybrid environments, automates threat and data theft detection, empowers threat hunting, and optimizes incident response with context, speed and accuracy. Fidelis is trusted by Global 1000s and Governments as their last line of defense.
The Fidelis Elevate® platform captures rich metadata from across the threat landscape and combines that content to enable real-time and retrospective analysis, giving security teams the platform to effectively hunt for threats in their environment.
For more information go to www.fidelissecurity.com. Fidelis Cybersecurity is a portfolio company of Skyview Capital.